1. Definitions In this policy:
a) “Business” means the business of operating the FMOCC, which includes the website;
b) “Membership” means a membership in the FMOCC;
c) “we”, “us”, “our” and the “Club” refer to the Fort McMurray Oilsands Curling Club, located at 1 C A. Knight Way, Fort McMurray AB T9H 5C5
d) “Website” refers to the website found at www.fmoilsandscurlingclub.com.
2. Collection of Personal Information: Our primary purpose in collecting personal information from you and about you is to ensure the provision of high quality products and/or services. We only collect personal information from and about you that we consider necessary for achieving this purpose and to permit us to conduct the business diligently.
3. Use of Your Personal Information: We may use the personal information we collect from and about you to:
a) ensure the provision of high quality products and/or services;
b) inform you about online and offine offers, products, services, updates and events (including expiry and renewal of your membership);
c) enable us to contact you;
d) establish and maintain communication with you;
e) assist us in complying with legal and regulatory requirements;
f) invoice you for products and/or services;
g) collect unpaid accounts; or
h) enable a corporate re-organization, a merger, or acquisition with another entity or a sale of the business. We may also use your personal information as may be described to you at the time of collection. We may compare and review your personal information for errors and omissions and for accuracy. If you choose to provide us with your financial information, we may use your address and financial information to bill you and to provide associated support. We may use personal information about you, in a non-personally identifiable manner, to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to analyze memberships, to improve our content and product offerings, and to customize our website’s content, layout, and services. These uses are to enable us to improve the business and better tailor the business to meet your needs.
4. Disclosure of Personal Information: As a matter of policy, we do not sell, rent, or lease any of your personal information to third parties without your explicit consent. However, there are a variety of circumstances where we may need to disclose some of your personal information, including the following:
a) We may disclose your personal information to an individual who, in our reasonable judgement, is seeking the information as your agent. For example, we may provide your personal information to your legal representative if we are satisfied that the individual is requesting the information on your behalf.
b) We may disclose your personal information as may be required by law.
c) We may aggregate personal information and disclose such information in a non-personally identifiable manner to advertisers and other third parties for marketing and promotional purposes.
5. Control of Your Password: You are responsible for all actions taken with any user ID and/or password used to access the website. Therefore, we recommend that you not disclose your password to any third parties. If you choose to share your user ID, your password or your personal information with a third party, you are responsible for all actions resulting therefrom. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over certain personal information. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately change your password.
6. Access, Review, Change and Destruction of Your Personal Information: You may access, review and/or change the personal information we have in our files by submitting a written request to do so to our Membership Committee at the address below. We ask that you promptly advise us of any changes to your information. Upon your written request, we will destroy, as soon as reasonably possible and in accordance with our internal policies and applicable law, any and all personal information that we have in our files about you. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we will retain in our files some personal information in order to enable us to collect any unpaid accounts and/or as may be required by law.
8. Protecting Your Privacy: The personal information that is retained by us is kept in a secure environment and we use reasonable procedural and technical safeguards to protect your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access or disclosure. While we employ many different security techniques to protect such data from unauthorized access by users inside and outside the company, we cannot ensure perfect security, particularly in relation to the website.
10. Privacy Information Officer, Access, Questions, or Concerns: If you wish to access, review and/or change your personal information contained in our files or if you have any questions or concerns about our privacy principles outlines above or about our practices, please contact us at: Fort McMurray Oilsands Curling Club: email -firstname.lastname@example.org